Needs of the patient:
Easy entry and exit of pool (entry door).
Spacious pool (eliminates restriction of tubs or
Jacuzzi) with enough room to move around, stretch out the legs
and change positions (squatting, kneeling, 4-foot stand,
knee-chest positions, lying, sitting, and floating).
Full immersion with water level of at least 22 inches
(privacy and gravity reduction).
Pool features to support the different positions (grab
rail with grip towel, foot rest, hand grip, back support, and
Ample room for the partner to sit in the pool (second
seat for partner in the door or on the V-shaped seat with the
laboring mother on his/her lap).
Ergonomically designed for optimal relaxation (the key
to successful laboring and also birthing).
Needs of the
1. Control and monitoring of the process (shape and size
of the Aqua-Eez pool allows continuous access to the woman
with either a waterproof Doppler or waterproof fetal heart
2. Fast exit if necessary (stationary and movable models need
less than 2 minutes drainage time until door may be opened).
3. Fast filling (varies with water supply) and fast draining
of the pool.
4. Easy and exact water temperature control.
design allows the movable version to fit through a STANDARD
6. Patented removable door panels allows access for easy entry and exit for patients and accessibility for care provider.
of other hospital
personnel (administration, cleaning staff, engineers
and infection control)
1. High quality of the pool (each Aqua-Eez Pool is custom
2. High quality of the plumbing components (e.g. Grohe and
3. Easy access to plumbing area (access panel).
4. Drainage without puddles in seat area (hygiene).
5. Prevention of cross contamination by air gap which prevents fresh and contaminated water mixing; meets infection control standards.
6. Easy to clean short turnaround time (no
jets or other water circulating systems, spray- wait-
rinse- done, less labor intensive).
7. Beside the ease of cleaning, Aqua-Eez Pools are
maintenance free pools.
with the design of the movable pool version all rooms can be
water ready (in minutes) without any major renovation
This allows for a smaller investment in the beginning
and allows for the use of smaller suites.
pools are built and designed according to the required
standards for hydrotherapy pools used as medical equipment in
hospitals (unlike Jacuzzis).